The primary responsibility of the Sorter role is to sort batteries into the same chemistry/type of battery and protect batteries from potential short circuit or dangerous evolution of heat using tape, bags and boxes and other packaging materials. This enables the warehouse to ship the product safely and in compliance with D.O.T. regulations.
Will remove debris to prepare batteries for sort process. This may involve removing manufacture packaging or removing other material used by customers to protect the batteries. All non battery material is pulled out of the material stream.
You will be trained on how to identify the different types of batteries.
COMPANY OFFERED BENEFITS:
– MEDICAL/DENTAL & VISION INSURANCE PLUS 401K WITH MATCH
– PAID TIME OFF
– YOU CAN EARN WEEKLY ATTENDANCE AND PRODUCTION BONUSES
JOB SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Hours: Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4pm
· Taping ends for terminal protection
· Sorting debris out
· Working on conveyer system
· General shop cleaning
· Ensure a safe and secure work environment following warehouse safety procedures and processes.
· Sitting or standing the majority of the day.
· Able to read visually battery labels and chemistry descriptions.
· Some cleaning and janitorial tasks.
· Must lift 10-50 pounds frequently.
· Document weights and inventory unit numbers ensuring inventory control.
· Able to communicate at a basic level with sorting supervisor and sort leads.
· Able to work within a team of 2-4 other operators.
· Able to take and follow direction to accomplish basic assigned tasks
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS BACKGROUND SCREEN
PLEASE CONTACT TERESA AT BATTERY SOLUTIONS: email@example.com